Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Updates

I'm very happy to report that Morgan is back to being Mo! He and sissy are fighting as usual and he was noisy through the entire service on Sunday. I was actually told that it was good to hear him, because it meant he was better and back with us.

Snowball unfortunately had cancer. Female hedgehogs are prone to uterine tumors. We had her put down on Saturday and this morning she was buried in the front garden. Her empty cage is a sad reminder of our lost friend.

We also have a near empty fish tank. After swearing that I would not buy anymore fish after the last scrubbing of the algae tank, Fishy (Kaia's betta) died. That leaves 2 cory cats that hang out on the bottom. They have lived through 5 or 6 bettas now. I inherited them from my friend and co-worker Lindy when she left Camp Fire to care for her husband who was dying. Of course the tank that we couldn't keep clean has stayed spotless since the last cleaning. So there may be a new fish in our future.

Things are back to normal, and blessings have been flowing in at our home. Just when we worried how to pay for all that has gone on, there was a bonus check and several refunds on overpaid accounts. And most unexpected was the box on the doorstep last night. I hadn't ordered anything and it was a little soon to get the truck hinges Dana ordered. When Kaia was able to lift the good sized box, I knew that it couldn't be hinges. Inside was a package of diapers! I am on a few online survey groups, and after answering countless diaper surveys and agreeing that I would be willing to try a product and then give my opinion the product came. That package will last me a week and I was very excited to receive it!

No comments: