Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Another Day Wasted

Not completely wasted, yet not a bit of housework completed. I didn't even get home from work until 7:30 p.m. and then after making a quick meal for Dana and I, it was 8. Kaia and I played her new computer game Christmasville (thanks Papa!) for a half an hour, while Dana and Morgan watched the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Then it was bedtime for Mo, cuddle time for Kaia, and I was ready to crash.

Tonight the plan is this:
Get off work on time (no meetings, so this shouldn't be too hard)
Quick Dinner (maybe hamburgers)
Dishes (finish loading and start them)
Vacuum the dining and tv room
If time:
Clean out the fridge and wipe down the inside

Phew that looks like such a small amount of work, but by the time you add in both kids hanging on my legs, and the picking up of everything on the floor so I can vacuum, it should take up most of the evening. I joked this morning that I was going to ask the dr for some uppers so that I could stay awake long enough to get something done. I didn't though. I may try some black tea in the evening, but since I have a nasty habit lately of waking at 3 a.m. and not being able to sleep, I might not.

2 comments:

Katie Gregg said...

It sounds like you and I are in the same boat--it's so hard to do all the things you want around the house AND work full time! By the time I get home I am just spent, and all my big ambitions just go out the window. It sounds like you do a great job, though.

TJ said...

Thanks for your encouragement!