Friday, December 21, 2007

Phew...

Now that I re-look at my last post, I'm sure glad I didn't choose hand modeling as a profession! Instead I chose wisely, non-profit work. And working at United Way means each year we have several fully ornamented trees donated to us by Target. Every year we give all 4 away, keeping one in our office as long as possible. This year us girls decided to keep the one the guys brought in. All gold and amber colored ornaments and lights. At first we thought "ugly" but I've learned from both Kaia and my Sunday School kids "You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit."

So we took everything off the tree and redecorated it. All the same lights and ornaments, just one less string of lights and one box less of ornaments. Much better. That also left some extras for us to practice our creativity. And even better is, being that we are closed for the next 4 days, I brought home all the gold beaded leaves/twigs. As my boss said, "they aren't going to be of use sitting in the office." (of course they may have been put to use if there were another break in) Instead, I brought them home and put them into a vase and will take them back next week. They look very nice. and I'm almost done decorating for Monday.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm glad you have a few days off over the Christmas holiday. I'm sure the leaves look lovely and they were of no use sitting in an empty office. Enjoy them.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting about my Christmas village.

Blessings,
Mary