Friday, December 14, 2007

Dishes, Dishes, Dishes

At first glance you might think I'm some sort of domestic diva holding the dirty dishes. Then take a look at the house in the background, and you'll see that the carpet is dirty and there is stuff everywhere. (please excuse the dark photo. Our photo editing disappeared during a recent clean-up of the pc, and I haven't had time to download a new one)


Last night however I did set about getting some dishes done. Problem is, it's hard to unload the dishwasher when it looks like this:




I keep telling Mo that I don't believe my warranty covers 30 pound toddlers on the door, but he is not fazed. He is completely unlike his mother in the fact that he actually likes to do dishes. He is a huge help putting his dishes in the sink. It is amazing that he, unlike Kaia and I, has not broke any of the dishes.


How do you replace plates and bowls when the only marking is Japanese? Yeah, so sometimes owning Corningware is a better idea than the gorgeous Asian set my sister-in-law picked up at a yard sale. I guess I could always try calling the former owner, but I can only imagine how strange the conversation would be.


Here is Mo putting silverware away. This works quite well, until he gets excited about his job. If I didn't closely watch him, the knife I had just buttered our grilled cheese with, would have been put away.


You can see some of the dishes piled on the counter, you cannot see all the dishes coming out of the sink there were so many. We did manage to get a full dishwasher, and have it run. And just so she isn't left out, here was Kaia in her pretty new dress Grammy bought her at Goodwill. Notice the recycling that needs to be taken in next to her.



No comments: