Saturday, December 1, 2007

An eventful weekend, and it's not even over





We had yesterday all planned out. We'd sleep in, get ready for our trip to Seattle and drop the kids off with Grammy and Papa on the way. Didn't happen that way though. I got up about 6:50 a.m. which is technically sleeping in. I put clothes in the dryer, and did some dishes. I went to get Dana up at 8:30 a.m. and discovered that he had low blood sugar. I tried giving him some paste candy that Kaia had, and then attempted to get his blood sugar. When I finally did it was a 36. I know from experience that at 55 I get sweaty, shaky and start having numbness in my lips. I called 9-1-1 and we had the paramedics here in minutes. Mo was scared at so many strangers in our bedroom. Kaia was mad that I'd taken her candy, but very excited at seeing the firetruck and getting a sticker shield from them. She told them immediately that her daddy was very sick. The firemen and paramedics (5 of them in our small bedroom) gave Dana an IV of glucose and he was back to life quickly. Unfortunately you can't be that low, and then go high without some reprecussions. He didn't feel good, and our trip was up in the air. By 3 though we were on the road.




The pass was good and we found our hotel easily. We checked in and found a full kitchen. Complete with a full-size fridge, 2 burner range, and mini dishwasher. Plus all the dishes, a steamer, coffee pot and toaster. A little more than we needed for one night, but it was a good price. We had a nice dinner and slept in a bed without kids!




Today we went to the International Motorcycle show. I screwed up on the directions to get to Qwest Field though. Took us off into no where. I won't type any of the conversation that followed. It took quite a bit of driving to get us back onto I-5 and onto the exit again. This time I got us on the right ramp, but then the directions were wrong. We made it though. It was fun. Quite a few dealers and vendors, although we didn't get to see the black Yamaha ATV we were hoping to see. We left about noon and visited Aurora Suzuki. Took a look at the ATV's that Randy had in stock, and then headed for home.




We stopped in North Bend for lunch. It was surprising to see snow as we left Seattle. It was falling good in North Bend and very cold. We called Gordie to have him check the pass report and it looked good. Apparently we called about 15 minutes too early.




We were going 70 when the truck started to go sideways. Shortly after this sign. It says 35 MPH. And that's what we did most of the way over the pass. Unlike our last trip to Seattle (last December) we didn't see any fatal accidents. Just one fender bender that involved 3 vehicles. None looked seriously damaged. We made it home safe though. The roads in town are just as bad. The kids are wound up now that we're home and I need to go help Dana change the bed sheets and pillow cases that have sugar on them.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

What a stressful day you had! I'm glad that your husband was ok and you got home safely!
Hugs,
Kelli