Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Frugal Debate

There is a little debate running in my head this afternoon. I worked at a benefits fair and the table next to me was a spa. I grabbed on of their menu of services to see what they offered. Some are definitely out of my price range, but others I would really like.

Now everything I've said I wanted for Christmas has been practical. A new set of pots and pans, a coffeemaker because I will get a lot of use out of them, and be thankful for them every day. A facial isn't very useful, and I know the effects won't last all that long. The cost of one is only $60, but when put in perspective, that's one week of food for our house. Finances aside, should I really want to put money into something just to make me look better for a short time? I don't expect one of their facials to make me look 19 again, but to have my skin look good would be nice.

So I have their menu, and while I may scoff at the $150+ for botox, or some of the other treatments, I'll still be thinking about that facial...

No comments: