Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Almost


I almost finished this baby hat. I had to restart it several times when I ran out of thread while casting on. Then, I realized I couldn't find my stitch markers when it was time to begin reducing, so I substituted paperclips. Then, I dropped a stitch and never got it back on quite right, but decided that because it would be near a reduction not to worry about it. Then I was having a terrible time transferring from my circular needles to the 3 double point needles. None of that mattered though, because Mo got a hold of the yarn and took off across the room. Kaia heard mommy yelling "No" so she needed to be in on the action. I'm still not sure if she was trying to help him or me, but this hat will have to be unraveled and redone. So much for getting my own etsy store setup. I have to finish a project first!

4 comments:

j said...

Oh great, another talent that I will never have! I love this hat - blue is my favorite color. You were mentioned on my site today. An AWARD maybe? Hop over to see. Jennifer

Art said...

That is some amazing craftiness there. I could never do something like that. No patience, hands to big etc...

And I doubt the baby will notice the dropped stitch ;)

Kelli said...

Awww...I'm sorry to hear it has to be unraveled. I do a little knitting every winter so I feel your pain. I hope you will show us when you finish it!
Hugs,
Kelli

nannykim said...

So are you going to have an etsy store/???