Thursday, January 17, 2008

You know you are frugal...

Photo courtesy of my dad

On Tuesday, after our Board Meeting I went to throw something in the garbage and was in shock. In the garbage were all the leaves of lettuce that had been lining the fruit tray. I was disappointed that I hadn't been in there just a few minutes before to say that I would take the lettuce leaves. Oh well.

After years of putting newspaper and carboard into donation bins, I turned some in yesterday while recycling all the cans in my trunk. Just the small amount left in my trunk was worth a dollar! I had no idea that they would pay out that much for paper and cardboard. We already make a sizable donation to United Way (hmm... wonder why?) so I think I'll stop putting all my paper in the United Way bin and start keeping the recycling for the family. I'm sure we can think of plenty of things to do with the extra money. Maybe that could be family night money?

Speaking of family night, we haven't had one in ages. The cold weather is the biggest culprit. Dana and I would spend Friday nights at the park with the kids quite often and head for ice cream after. Dana and Kaia have a dad and daughter night each month when I have my Allied Arts Board Meeting. They head to Burger King for dinner and play time. Although Kaia usually insists they ate at McGonnels (McD's). But the McD's doesn't have an indoor play area near our house, so the only choice is BK.

Hmmm... Any good family night ideas for 2 adults, a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old when it's cold out?

Dana let me know that he was the one to take the great photo of Mo playing in the sand at Lake Couer d'Alene. Just further proof of my terrible photography skills.

No comments: