Monday, January 7, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Yummy!

Mo is usually good, not too bad (hey he's preparing for the terrible two's), and I often tell him his cheeks are yummy! I think this is a cute photo of him hanging out with his Uncle Dan.


The bad news is that I live in Central Washington, and we are supposed to be getting more snow. Not that snow is bad, but I'm a Thanksgiving to New Year snow person. After that it should snow in the mountains, as I know our local farmers need it come spring, and the skiers enjoy it. The other bad news is that while my arm is looking much better, I still have no energy! This is making simple tasks difficult. Like the clean house I had, isn't so clean, but I keep trying to do a little bit each day.


The good news is that I live in Central Washington, and we have the most beautiful sunshine even with the frigid temps and snow. I'm not sure how the West-siders survive the winter (and pretty much every other season) without this sunshine. While I have no energy, I did manage to defrost our stand-up freezer this weekend. So it will be more energy efficient, and there is no longer old food taking up space. So when I do come across a good deal on meat, I can purchase without worrying where it will go.


The yummy is the dinners we've had and will be having. Saturday night I made pork chops with mango salsa, homeade fruit salad, and veggie rice. Last night we ate out at a local Mexican restaurant for my sister-in-law's birthday. Tonight we are having Fussy Day Chicken that I found on Kelli's blog. Just making the barbeque sauce this morning has me craving it.


I got the pork chop recipe from Martha Stewart and then tailored it slightly. First time we had it the pork chops needed more flavor, so rather than putting a tablespoon of adobo sauce on the pork chop and cooking, I took the sauce and chilis, mashed them as best I could, and smothered the pork chops in the mixture. They sat in the fridge all day soaking it in. Then I just removed all the big chunks before cooking the chops. The salsa is so easy. 2 ripe mangos, red onion and jalapeno with a bit of lime juice. Except I didn't have red onion so I used white, and even though I only used a small amount of the jalapeno, it was a spicy one!

No comments: