Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Average High in April is 78 degrees

I can't wait for Las Vegas and that 78 degrees. Yakima's average temp is 64 degrees during April. My traveling companion Barb and I are counting down the days. Although I will actually be going down there for a separate conference the week before I go down with Barb. So April will bring plenty of travel my way.

This travel luckily is after my birthday, so I have no problem coming up with an answer to the question "What would you like for your birthday?" And the second trip is right before Mo's birthday, so I will have my work cut out for me preparing for it in between conferences and in the 2 days between when I return and Mo's party.

Last time I visited Vegas I was 19 years old. I was there for 36 hours to watch a friend's brother compete in the regional gymnastics competition. We arrived at 2 a.m. and I crawled into a queen size bed where a girl I'd never met, only heard about, was already sleeping. We introduced ourselves in the morning when we woke up. That day we were at the competition. That evening the family and friends all had dinner together at Circus Circus. Then my friend and I and her boyfriend and brother all walked the strip back to our hotel the MGM. We watched the show at Treasure Island, and the water/laser show at the Mirage and then went to bed. We got up and left for Pepperdine so we could do our homework and get some sleep before classes Monday morning.

Barb said last time she was in Vegas she got married. So I expect we'll have a good time, even if we are in conferences most of the day.

1 comment:

Dalyn said...

Thanks for visitng my blog...I'm in Yakima too!