Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Marmalade Kitty Update

I called the vet today and one of the technicians told me that they believe a fan belt got him. They had to sedate him to find all his injuries, and it didn't look good. One paw was dying off and likely would need amputated. Another paw was pretty bad, and his eye was not good. Also he seemed to be a fairly unsocialized cat, and he hadn't ever been fixed. This was not a kitten Dana rescued. We all agreed after seeing him that he was an older cat. She told me he could be saved, but it would take money and a lot of time. Even if we had the money, confining a cat (that's natural element is outdoors) long enough for an amputation to heal... No I wouldn't do that.

So Marmalade Kitty will be put down, if he hasn't been already. At least we were able to end his suffering.

1 comment:

j said...

Hey TJ. I think it was the right thing to do. You showed him more kindness than he had probably known in the car ride, talking to him. I think there is a life lesson here. Thanks for letting us know - Jennifer