Monday, January 21, 2008

Teeny Tiny

I'm always talking about my small kitchen. Perhaps if you have never visited you think, "oh it can't be that bad." I was warned when buying that the kitchen was small. Coming from a duplex with a small kitchen, I wasn't too worried. Now that we are a family of 4, and there is no pantry, I admit everyone was right, the kitchen is small.



Don't think that I'm just capturing a portion of the kitchen with this angle. Not true. Here's the proof.Yep that's the entire kitchen. Including food storage. All food is in the cupboards above and below the bar, as is all my skillets and pots. This is the view of the kitchen from the bar, where we eat dinner. The baby bottle is a fundraiser for Life Choices, that was passed out at church on Sunday. The roses are wooden, and are a great way to brighten my little area. And here is the domestic diva-in-training. Complete with a dress she fashioned out of a Target bag. She is not feeling well, although she swears she is not sick. This was after I gave her some ibuprofen for her fever. Before that she was busy decorating Rosie and the Cory's tank.
Sorry he isn't visible. Between the algae and the darkness of the photo. Maybe later we can get a good photo of Rosie the beautiful orange beta.

5 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I use to have a kitchen just that size. We added an addition onto our house and now my kitchen is 16X20. I know exactly what you are going through with that small space.

j said...

Hi Hello! You my friend, have been TAGGED. Hop on over to find out about it! - Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I looove the target dress. I might have to make me one. :0) I came over form Mrs. Darling's blog. I enjoyed my visit!

j said...

Came back to read and comment after the tag. I love Diva daughters dress. She is not a bag lady, she is 'Sacks' Fifth Avenue.
You know years ago people made dresses and clothing from flour bags and burlap feed bags. She is just working with what she has just like they did. You ancestors are probably smiling! - Jennifer

j said...

Ahem, that would be "your" ancestors - it's called proof reading and smart people do it before the post their comment.