Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Photo Credits



I've received compliments on the new blog header, and I'm sure you can see that it states photo by Flor. The photo was taken by my grandma, who lives in Ajijic, Jalisco which is in Mexico. Those are her Birds of Paradise. Please don't for one moment think that anything that beautiful would grow here, and if someone did have them growing here, you would never find them in my garden.

My front garden has some pine trees, japanese maples, a ton of lilies and day lillies. That is also where I grow my tomatos, jalapenos (that weren't really), and hopefully this year some peppers and cucumbers. The backyard which had yarrow, creeping phlox, a bleeding heart, and some bushes has been destroyed by the dog! I'm praying that some of it grows back, and this spring I will put down some wildflower seed from the dollar store, in hopes that it can withstand his running through it. Sampson also trimmed (butchered) the wisteria for us this fall and winter. I know that it benefits from being cut back well, and I think that he will encourage it to grow higher up on the lattice and up over the porch. I so want to have the blooms hanging down and creating a ceiling of wisteria.

Speaking of BigDumbDog the photo I used in the post Close Calls was taken by my dad. As was the above photo of Cinnamon Love, aka Minners.

You can quickly see that photography runs in my family. Only problem is both my grandma and dad are far more skilled than I am. Dad also has a better camera and better software. So he can make even bad photos look good. I happen to have earned a C in highschool photography, so I'm content with the camera dad gave me that takes really good photos as long as the cameraman knows what they are doing. Dana took some excellent photos at the zoo with it, and I'm not sure which one of us too this photo, but I happen to love this photo of Mo.

No comments: